Breeze Like Cotton

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MY VALENTINE

Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani


This book was really interesting to read. I love those kinds of novels where family, love and career are part of it; we add a trip to Italy, lots of exquisite descriptions, some words in Italian and presto you have a book I’d be attached for a while. I’m really attracted to books where love for your career is fundamental, I felt really identified with the main Character: Valentine. She was a lovable character, funny and with lots of will power and determination to accomplish her goal: Keep alive Angelini’s Shoes, an artisanal manufacturer of shoes with lots of years of experience and tradition while trying to also maintain her relationship with a chef.
What gave me tons of enjoyment were all those little details Adriana wrote, I don’t think they were useless and superficial; it was amazing for my kind of learning (“Visual”) because it helped me to imagine every single detail of the place or things she was seeing. I was really amused with the family; they were real, touching, close. I’m in love with this book, artisanal shoes, their construction and Italy (not in that specifically order).

No comments:

Post a Comment