Breeze Like Cotton

Thursday, October 7, 2010

MY FIRST LOVE

Sputnik, my love by Haruki Murakami

Wow, just wow. I'm amazed by Murakami's ability to wow me. I certainly don’t love metaphor but this book has tons of complicated thoughts that kept floating in my mind. I loved Sumire’s character; she was inside her own world never caring about anything else but her desire of becoming a writer, but just after meeting with disastrous love she stopped writing because of everything she was becoming thanks to her new and first love, who was a woman named Myu. Myu’s character was rather weird for me, she was a puzzle inside another puzzle, her story was quite strange, I couldn’t understand that much about her weird experience with her other self, I don’t know what kind of experience Murakami tried to share with the reader maybe it was just a mixed up conception of the world, hallucinations or something like that. . The last character but not less important is the narrator who was also part of the story, I don’t like him that much, and his personality is almost the same as the man in “At the south of the frontier, at the west of the sun” but I must say that he described things detailed and deep.
 
This is a book I really enjoyed that’s why I’m decided to get more Murakami’s books. I’m his fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment