Breeze Like Cotton

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DESIGNER BRANDS



I usually am modest, am proud of what I have and love to be just an average girl with not too much worries and just a couple of things to brag about, but I’m quite sure that every girl, even the humblest in the world wants the best of the best of these little things we call “DESIGNER BRANDS”. A designer brand product is something every girl with money in her hands wants. As soon as we see those beautiful words naming a lipstick, a makeup pallet, a jacket or anything else, we want it, it’s something we can’t control, we think it will gives us distinction, importance and of course beauty. As visual entities we can’t control it must of the time.
In my personal experience I was quite a shy girl with simple needs and a standard need of makeup, just a lipstick from the supermarket, some pond’s powder and a lip gloss of low quality. My knowledge of makeup was null, it didn’t exist to be honest, I was proud and ashamed of this at the same time and it was very difficult for me to decide whether I should get better make up or just stick to the current me. Thank you to magazines such as seventeen I started to change and learned a couple of things so I could makeup myself, the funny thing for me was the way I started to learn about designer brands, it was simply because I love to play with Pupe Girl , a Japanese fashion community where the more designer items you have, the better it goes for you. It sounds kind of manipulation (and it is) but it worked for me. After that I started to purchase magazines such as Vogue, InStyle, NYLON, GLAMOUR , and we add to this shows such as America’s Next Top Model, Britain’s Next Top Model and Project Runway and VOALÁ , I know a lot more now. It’s rather hard to get those Designer Products but what can I say? I love them, which girl wouldn’t love to have all her makeup, clothes, bags and more labeled with brands such as DIOR, CHANEL, LANCOME, C.H. , etc. ?

No comments:

Post a Comment