Breeze Like Cotton

Monday, September 6, 2010

WITCHES

Company
Lives of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice


It took me a month and a half to read the Mayfair Witches saga by Anne Rice. I decided to read the three books before posting anything here because I like to see them as a whole.

My favorite book without a doubt was the second one, I just fell in love with Julien Mayfair and his story. The first one was in general good but it had something that bored me at times, that's why it's the book that took me a month instead of 15 days like the second one and the third one.

In my opinion the content that appeared in the third book confused me somehow. I didn't like at all the story about Taltos and such, I was happier with the first concept "paranormal and magical" but when it started to take the story of taltos at the end of the second book I was like "WTF? How come?..". I'm not sure about it, nor the end, it was so simple. I guess it finished like this because it's open for more books but I don't know.

What else can I say? This saga is quite good, it excited me at times and worried me other ones. I liked the first concept of the story a lot better but my favorite character was Mary Jane from the third book. It's a mixed up story about family, power, surviving and...sex? What I really liked was that all the characters had their background, were mentioned , their story was told and the empty spots that appeared through the books were clarified in the third one.

I enjoyed them a lot. That's the last thing I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment