Breeze Like Cotton

Monday, September 13, 2010

EAT , PRAY ....I WANT SOME LOVE

Too Much
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is my first book about some woman exploring herself trying to find peace and equilibrium in her life while being crushed emotionally.

After deciding to take a break of her suffocating life, Liz took a plane to Italy and started the search of pleasure in the place where she could learn her favorite language, then took a plane to India to find her devotion for god and love for herself removing all the bad thoughts that tormented her through the years and to finish her year of traveling went to Bali (Indonesia) with some healer-sage-wise-spiritual-weird-old man who was the reason why Liz took her one year trip in the first place after her divorce.

What I really liked was that everything she did was for herself. Many critics I read about the book said that she was way too self-centered but I must say that it must be the main point in this book , because she only wants to share her experience even if the story is totally self-absorbed, that's why it is that way , because she wanted to share HER EXPERIENCE, it's like reading someone's journal. We all read journals and all of them all self-absorbed because that's the main point of a journal , isn't?

Anyways , I loved all of the book , I thought her trip to India would be boring and slow to read but not at all, it was maybe the best part because she started to be aware of her behavior and admitted being arrogant and self centered. I felt identified with her because I also am neurotic and want to control everything...and everyone. So yeah , I loved the end but I'm not sure if I'll find a mature-sexy-adorable-caring Brazilian somewhere, but at least I want one man who can make me feel that way.

With nothing more to say. I loved this book. Read it , you won't regret it. It's all about exploring our interior, find what make us act like we act and trying to find an equilibrium and peace of mind to keep living with less worries even though we know all of the anger, the worries and shame will come back , but we'll be prepared to what is next and throw away all those feelings again and control our reactions to let those bad feelings to enter to our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment