Breeze Like Cotton

Sunday, November 14, 2010

HEIGHTS

Classical
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë


With this book I was out of my comfort zone. I like classic books but I've been neglecting them for a while so this one was a perfect opportunity to read something almost all the readers community have read.

Wuthering Heights is a dark book with lots of painful scenes and cruel behavior. I don't love drama and suffering, so reading this book was kind of heavy for me because the main leads were the ones having revenge and acting like perfect bastards. I didn't love any character, maybe Catherine's daughter and that's it.

I suck at finding symbolism and hidden meanings between lines but I must say that Emily managed pretty well the psychological part of her characters, they had their reasons to be mean, they had pretty strong reasons to act like they did. Heathcliff was someone I couldn't stand even for a minute but I must admit that he was a pretty interesting character because he was really exposed, all his weaknesses,suffering and pain, all of them mixed in a man ready to get revenge on all the people who separated him from the side of his biggest love. Anyways I might read it again because it seems that the first time wasn't that great so I'll give it a second chance, maybe I just didn't put enough thought into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment