Breeze Like Cotton

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DOLLS

Only play
A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen


This play was quite amusing to read. I felt intrigued, worried about the character’s situation and really interested until the very end but I’m not sure why it wasn’t that transcendental for me. The main theme of this story is how a woman fights to protect the man she loves without even thinking about consequences and just being judged for the actions and not for her intentions, always playing the role of a good and happy wife and expected to only act like a doll. I liked the point of why the story is called “A doll’s house” but certainly is not a book I will always remember as one of my favorites. I don’t hate it; I liked it but not loved it. It’s an easy and quick read you’ll enjoy in a rainy day and nothing important else to do.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check that out, I'm going through a reading dry spell where I don't have anything I'm too interested in :/

    ReplyDelete