Breeze Like Cotton

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

TELL ITS NAME

Identitficación
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Ruthfuss


I like epic fantasy but I've never read before something of that genre. I know lord of the rings exists but I don't like it that much to read the books , I'm not interested. But , after reading the small piece of the lecture on the back of the book, I knew I needed to read it.

I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.


The name of the wind is a story with lots of stories inside. The kind of stories you like to hear before going to sleep when you are a child. I was absorbed by the lecture and I couldn't stop reading anytime. It's based on the memories of the main character : Kvothe. He was telling his story to a clerk who enjoyed writing true stories of heroes or important characters.

Kvothe's life was hard and all the decisions he took were based on his wish of getting revenge of those who killed his family. He's the kind of character you love but at the same time hate. I liked his intelligence and his sharp tongue. I loved the way he spread all of the rumors about him to keep him "safe". Like he said "Your reputation is like an armor". He was so adorable as a child and his curiosity of the world amused me. I was super intrigued by the story and was always wondering what was next and which were going to be the the results of Kvothe's actions.I can't wait to keep reading the second part of the story, I know it will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment