Breeze Like Cotton

Friday, May 14, 2010

ONE AUTUMN

It happened in autumn
It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas


A complete cliché. Love between a young American woman and an English aristocrat, both rich. She : An uncontrollable girl with a lack of respect for authority. Always speaks her mind , adores challenges and wants things to be the way she wants. (I felt so identified with her)
He : The most wanted single man in England. Rich, well mannered, with a hard infancy and a workaholic who never fell in love before.

The main story is about how they develop their carnal feelings. Each page is filled with lust and desire, in consequence, more than a love story is pure physical attraction that ends with an interesting match of their different characters, not that different.

The characters are too simple for me, too good or too bad. Descriptions of all of them were not detailed, but it gave me an opportunity to develop my imagination. I think Lillian (main character) was the best one, she completely owned the book, while Westcliff was rather common, he didn't make me love him.

The start reminded me of Pride and Prejudice but page after page it totally changed. As a summary I can say three words: I WANT YOU, HERE AND NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment